My services as your birth doula include:
· Free initial interview
· 2 prenatal visits
· Assistance in writing your birth preferences.
· Support through phone and email contact,
addressing any questions and concerns the mother
· Available 24 hours a day, beginning two weeks prior
to due date.
· A backup doula is prepared in case of emergency.
· On call for your birth, often joining you at home.
· Continuous personal support for Mother and her
partner during labor and birth, help facilitate if
children are present during birth.
· Immediate postpartum assistance: initiating
breastfeeding support / latch.
· Helping create a calm, peaceful and supportive
birthing environment for Mother and partner.
· Labor techniques included, but are not limited to:
position changes, relaxation, massage, birth ball.
· 1 Postpartum visit to reflect on your birth and to
help you connect with additional resources
· Photography during pregnancy, labor, and birth, as
**Select clients may be offered 2 doulas present at their birth.
Though I have had 7 natural, non-medicated births, I understand your right to choose your own birth wishes. I have had clients who have had wonderful un-medicated births as well as clients who have beautiful medicated births. I have even had some clients start on medication before my arrival and be able to proceed un-medicated once I was there; this was a volunteer situation where we met in the labor process. I’ve had other clients able to go un-medicated despite the use of pitocin. Since I respect my clients birth wishes, one client had gone from 7-8cm to 9cm in ten minutes. She felt at this point she needed an epidural. She used our code word and at 9cm was given an epidural. (Ten minutes from 9cm she was fully dilated and ready to push)
This is your birth day and I am there to help you make well informed choices either way. Every choice has a pro and con and with the information presented you are free to move forward knowing you are doing what is best for you and your baby.